A sewing machine is an electromechanical or a mechanical machine that is used for joining fabrics by making use of threads. Sewing machines can create different varieties of patterned and plain stitches. These useful machines evolved in the 18th century and are considered one of the most significant discoveries in the industry for textiles. A hand held sewing machine is a different type of a sewing machine mainly because it can only be used by the hand. Unlike, the conventional sewing machines that had the users using both their hands and their legs for stitching fabrics, the handheld sewing machines carry out the same task but without involving the legs. Therefore, they serve as one of the perfect tools for sewing mainly for the domestic sewers who always have certain small sewing requirements.
The Benefits of Hand-Held Sewing Machines
There are some important benefits fetched from the use of hand-held sewing machines, and they are as follows:
- First of all, the handheld sewing machines can be used for almost all sewing purposes just like the conventional sewing machines. This gives them an edge over the traditional sewing machines that are heavy and use the legs as well for stitching
- Second, hand-held sewing machines are light in weight, and therefore they are quite portable and can easily be carried from one place to another. These machines are not meant for heavy sewing fabrics, but they can always be used by professionals who need to carry out some small stitching activities now and then.
- The hand-held sewing machines are perfectly meant for domestic sewers who have sewing requirements coming up on a regular basis. In this case, using a traditional sewing machine gets very problematic for them as there are some small stitches that they need to make which is not possible using the heavy duty machines.
- Hand-held sewing machines can easily carry out different domestic sewing tasks like stitching buttons on clothes and creating buttonholes.
- Also called home-use sewing machines, the handheld sewing machines do not feature feed dogs that pull fabric that needs to be sewn under the needle. Since these machines do not come with feed dogs, users need to pull fabric that needs to be sewn with their hands.
- Hand-held sewing machines are available in different varieties like embroidery machines, electronic machines, and mechanical machines.
- They are space-saving sewing machines perfect for sewers who do not have enough space in their homes.
The hand-held sewing machines are also suitable for the innovative fashion hobbyists helping them in fixing their garments and in working on small assignments. It is only because of the large scale benefits that they offer that these machines are in good demand throughout the market.